Warm weather calls for seafood! Feast your eyes on Chef Nic’s Crab Fritters, and whip up this family-favorite in your own home.
Chef Nic’s Crab Fritters
- 2 Jumbo Lump Crab Meat (checked for shells)
- 1/4 Cup Celery Hearts, Chopped
- 4 Cups Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Cup Shallots, Chopped
- 4 Cups Basil, Freshly Chopped
- 2 Cups Italian Parsley, Chopped
- 6 Cups Roma Tomato, Chopped
- ¼ Cup Hot Sauce (Sriracha)
- 4 Tablespoons Aleppo Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard
- Panko as needed
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
Sautée the celery, onions, garlic and shallots in butter until semi-soft. Place in refrigerator to cool.
Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix evenly. Adjust consistency with mayo and panko as needed.
Form the mixture into round balls (5-6 ounces).
Bread with flour, egg wash and panko. Deep fry in peanut oil at 350 degrees until golden brown. Serve with your choice of sauce.